Welcome!

I devised this "Cranes of Thanks" project because I love origami, working with children, and the "heroes" that defend our country!  I am teaching youth to fold paper origami cranes which will be placed on a coloring page with a letter on the back to be sent to our soldiers overseas.  This project will continue until we have completed 1,000 Cranes of Thanks!  All of the supplies have generously been funded by DoSomething.org.

Click HERE for some examples of children's coloring pages.
Click HERE for examples of what teens could make.

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Make Sure Your Crane is the Right Size

What could be worse then giving me your picture and finding out that the crane outline you drew was too small... or too ginormous.  Well, I'm here to help make sure that doesn't happen!

When you print your picture you will fist want to measure from the top of the wing to the bottom of the crane.  If it measures about 3 inches then you are good!


To be extra-sure your crane outline is the right size, you should measure from the "beak" on the head to the crane's tail.


If you have any troubles printing your crane to be the correct size then please contact me and I can send you a real crane to trace.

No comments:

Post a Comment