Welcome!

I devised this "Cranes of Thanks" project because I love origami, working with children, and the "heroes" that defend our country!  I am teaching youth to fold paper origami cranes which will be placed on a coloring page with a letter on the back to be sent to our soldiers overseas.  This project will continue until we have completed 1,000 Cranes of Thanks!  All of the supplies have generously been funded by DoSomething.org.

Click HERE for some examples of children's coloring pages.
Click HERE for examples of what teens could make.

Sunday, December 18, 2011

New coloring pages!

All hail the powers of Photoshop!

I am *terrible* at drawing, which may surprise you when you see this picture...


I had help drawing it though!  I used this website as an inspiration and drew the bamboo with sharpie.  Next I placed another sheet of paper over my bamboo and began drawing random leaves.  I messed up a lot but I finally got some I liked!  Next, I scanned the bamboo and the leaves into my computer and then, using Photoshop, I cut out the leaves and placed them on my bamboo.  Finally, I placed my crane in the image.  I rather like how this turned out even if it was "cheating."




This is another one I made!  I'm actually rather good at the random abstract backgrounds, not so much with things that have defined shapes.  I did add the strip, circle, and crane in the middle with Photoshop.  Also, there are some curvy lines at the top and bottom left hand corners - those were not there in my original drawing, but in Photoshop I figured the corners looked empty!




This is not a coloring page, but an example of a card.  It's something older kids might have fun doing.  The art-form is known as "zentangle" and is sort of abstract shapes and stuff.  A lot of zentangles are really intricate (and take a lot of time) but mine is really simple and sort of fun.  Also, I like how the crane looks as if it is flying!




Here's another card that a kid could write in.  More masculine than the others, also the crane is made from a 3x3 inch piece of paper instead of a 6x6 inch.  I think I need to go buy some "manly" origami paper for the teen guys to work with!

No comments:

Post a Comment